Who is eligible to apply for the scholarship to the School Leadership Development Programme?
Applications are open to all Malaysian citizens and permanent residents who are Year 6 primary school students.
What is the coverage of the scholarship for the School Leadership Development Programme?
Scholarships for the programme are awarded on either a full or partial basis, and is subject to eligibility and household income. Priority will be given to students from low income and families from rural areas.
What are the minimum requirements to apply for scholarship to the School Leadership Development Programme?
Applicants must display the following:
- Applicants must achieve at least 6As or 5As 1B or 4As 2Bs (Core Subjects: Bahasa Malaysia, English, Mathematics and Science) in the recent Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR) trial examinations.
- Applicants must display active involvement in extra-curricular activities, and be proficient in both English and Bahasa Malaysia. Proficiency in other languages would be a plus.
What is the application process?
There are four stages to the application process for the School Leadership Development Programme:
- Online Application – Administered by Axiata Foundation
- Entrance test – Administered by Kolej Yayasan Saad and to be shortlisted by Axiata Foundation
- Residential based selection – Administered by Kolej Yayasan Saad and to be shortlisted by Axiata Foundation
- Scholarships Offer – Final offering is within the discretion of Axiata Foundation
*Applications must be submitted at http://admission.kysm.edu.my/ and applicants will be notified on the selection result through their registered email upon application.
Where may I submit my application?
Applicants are required to fill up the form at http://admission.kysm.edu.my/ It is crucial that the applicant fill up each sections of the form completely and accurately.
When will shortlisted applicants be offered?
Shortlisted applicants will be informed of their placement offer no later than December each year.
How many applicants will be offered a scholarship per cohort?
Axiata Foundation is looking to offer to no more than 30 scholarships per cohort.